The definitive guide to practical meadow establishment
About the Book
Flowering meadows are appealing to gardeners and valuable for wildlife, but they can be difficult to establish and many people give up. This book will change all that with its pragmatic yet eco-friendly advice. Using plug plants, bulbs, and roll-out turf you can have a meadow flowering in your garden the same year you plant it.
- Design tips will help plan a wildlife friendly wildflower space
- Learn from tried and tested techniques that really work with step by step pictorial guides giving practical guidance for establishment
- Successfully develop a wildflower space whilst avoiding the pitfalls of poor germination, weed infestation and years of hard work
- Over 30 case studies will clarify your own requirements and give an understanding of what you can be expect from gardens to roofs to public spaces
- And once it is established, understand the simple requirements to maintain and enhance the meadow for long term success.
About the Author
James Hewetson-Brown was an arable farmer before he diversified into wild flower turf products in 2003. These have been used at London’s 2012 Olympic Park, RHS Chelsea Flower Show gardens, and now at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew under Wolfgang Buttress’s The Hive.
James regularly gives talks throughout the UK on the practical aspects of wildflower establishment.
For a PDF 'taster' of James' book click here.
Price: £16.50 plus P&P
Product Code: WFT-Book